2nd JILIR Essay Writing Competition
The Journal of Indian Law and International Relations is going to organize the 2nd JILIR Essay Writing Competition, 2018. This competition seeks to nurture the creative talent of young authors from the legal fraternity.
The essay should be original, not exceeding 2500 words (excluding citations) and should be in English. Co-Authorship is permitted to the maximum of two persons. Any form of plagiarism will lead to rejection of the essay submitted for the competition.
- Two Indian parties opting for a foreign seated arbitration.
- Third Party Funding in Indian and International Arbitration.
- Critical Analysis of the India's Model BIT.
- Impact of General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) in India.
- Need of legislation for regulating Bitcoins in India.
- Conflict between Lex Arbitri and Proper Law of Contract as seat of arbitration
(Supreme Court judgments of NTPC and Sumitomo)
- Critical Analysis of Independence and Impartiality of Arbitrators.
- Character Merchandising.
We invite undergraduate law students / teachers / lawyers / scholars, who are interested in legal academic writing to participate in the competition.
- The main body of the essay should be in Times New Roman, font size 12 pt, line spacing 1.5 and footnotes in Times New Roman, font size 10 pt, with 1.0 line spacing.
- Citation must strictly follow the 19th Edition of Bluebook Style.
- Submissions with endnotes will be rejected.
- The submissions for the competition must be mailed in Word format ('.doc' or '.docx') as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject '2nd Essay Writing Competition 2018' on or before 5th July, 2018.
- The submissions made in PDF/other formats/hard copy will not be accepted.
- Notwithstanding anything the late submissions shall be rejected outright.
- The body of the email must mention the name of the Author(s), contact number, academic qualifications, institutional affiliation, title of the essay, and a declaration to the affect that the essay is original.
The last date for Submission is 5th July, 2018.
The top three entries shall be awarded with a trophy, certificate of merit, and attractive prizes. There shall also be a certificate for merit for the 4th & 5th position.
Registration & Submission:
- Single Author: Rs. 250/-
- Co- Author: Rs. 400/-
Last date for registration is 24th June, 2018.
Mr. Aniket Dhwaj Singh
Mr. Anuraag Mitra