NLIU-Trilegal Summit on Corporate and Commercial Laws
The Centre for Business and Commercial Laws at National Law Institute University (NLIU) Bhopal, in collaboration with Trilegal, is organizing the annual NLIU-Trilegal Summit on Corporate and Commercial Laws.
Date: 24th & 25th August, 2018
Venue: Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
Call for Papers:
Authors must be pursuing their LL.B. (Hons.) / LL.B. / LL.M. from any recognized university to be eligible to participate in the Summit.
We invite original submissions from Authors in the form of an article or essay falling within the broad contours of the theme of the summit - "Corporate and Commercial Laws". An indicative list of sub-themes is given below to aid the participants
- Corporate Governance in India
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Inbound and outbound Mergers
- Analysis of landmark Mergers and forecasting trends for future M & A activity
- M & A activity in key sectors
- Foreign Investment (Private Equity / Venture Capital and Debt Instruments)
- Emerging forms of investment such as REITs and InvITs
- Liberalisation of existing investment regime (such as single and multi-brand retail, changes to FPI regime)
- Analysis of statutory changes (e.g. new FEMA 20)
- Rise of Non-Performing Assets in the Economy
- Working of IBC and emerging trends
- Debt restructuring in India
- Introduction of P2P Lending in India
- Securities Law
- Cross-Listing of Stock Exchanges
- Rise of IPOs in niche sectors such as insurance companies, banks
- Trend of failure of IPOs in Indian market
- Emerging trends in white collar crime (legal developments and recent examples in insider trading)
- Regulatory overhaul of certain segments such as derivatives, FPIs
- Competition Law
- Exemptions and Filing Norms for Mergers and Amalgamations
- Antitrust aspects in the acquisition of financially distressed companies
- Competition Law in a Digitized Economy - Comparative analysis of Competition Law in India and foreign jurisdictions
- Economic theories and evidence in Competition Law
- Emerging contemporary legal issues related to -
- Technologies such as Blockchain, Cryptocurrencies and Initial Coin Offerings
- Data Privacy aspects of financial information
The above areas of law and sub-themes are indicative in nature. The participants are free to choose an inter-disciplinary topic involving one or more of the above areas of law or sub-themes, provided that it fits within the contours of the theme of the Summit.
- Articles: Manuscripts under this category should be 4000 - 6000 words long dealing with an issue in-depth and demonstrating a comparatively higher level of analysis. Co-authorship of papers (maximum two) among individuals from the same or different institutions is allowed.
- Essays: Manuscripts under this category should be 2000 - 3000 words and either covers a recent development or be issue-specific. Co-authorship is not allowed.
The word limit mentioned above is exclusive of footnotes. Strict adherence to the word limit is highly prescribed. Citations must conform to standards laid down in the Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th Edition, 2015). Submissions must use only footnotes as a form of citation. Substantive footnoting is permitted.
- Title: Times New Roman, font size 15 pt, Bold, 2.0 line-spacing, centre-aligned.
- Abstract: Times New Roman, font size 11 pt, Italicized, 1.5 line-spacing, justified, Margins of 2.0.
- Main Body: Times New Roman, font size 12 pt, 1.15 line-spacing, justified.
- Heading: Times New Roman, font size 14 pt, Bold, 1.5 line-spacing, centre-aligned.
- Sub-headings: Times New Roman, font size 13 pt, Italicized, 1.15 line-spacing, centre-aligned.
- Footnotes: Times New Roman, font size 10 pt, 1.0 line-spacing, justified.
- Margins: one inch (2.54 cm) on all four sides.
Submission must be accompanied with a covering letter including Author(s) name, email ID, mobile number and college name. Submissions must only be in electronic form sent via email. All submissions must be in .doc or .docx format and must contain an Abstract of 250 - 300 words exclusive of the word limit.
Authors whose papers are selected for presentation in the Summit shall be required to pay an amount of INR 1000 for single Author entries and INR 1500 for co-authored entries. The centre shall provide accommodation to all the participants.
- I Prize: an all-expenses-paid 3-day trip to a foreign destination !
- II Prize: a one month paid internship with Trilegal
- III Prize: a one month paid internship with Trilegal
All papers must be submitted on or before 10th July, 2018 (11:59 p.m). Emails for submission and any other clarifications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The email must contain the following documents, in addition to the manuscript and personal details and affiliation of the Author(s)
- An originality statement, signed by the Author(s), declaring that the manuscript is the original work of the Author(s);
- A copyright statement, signed by the Author(s), whereby the Author(s) agrees that the copyright in the work shall vest with CBCL.
Ms. Arshia Verma
Mr. Rohan Kohli
Mr. Shounak Banerjee