South Asian Journal of Law and Human Rights (Volume 5): Call for Papers
The South Asian Journal of Law and Human Rights (SAJLHR) is a peer reviewed International Journal for research and insight in Human Rights Law. SAJLHR (ISSN: 2518-6159) lauds the support of an Editorial Board which includes distinguished policy analysts, academicians, research scholars and students from across the globe who have come together aiming to communicate high-quality original research work.
SAJLHR invites Articles, Short Notes, Book Reviews Case Commentaries and other such for its Volume 5 which will be published tentatively in June 2018. We welcome submissions from students, academicians, researchers and legal practitioners, to come up with their contributions in the form of articles, case comments, legislative comments and book reviews.
Themes and Sub-Themes:
The topics listed below are suggestive in nature and not exhaustive. The Editorial Board will consider work by the Author(s) which deals with any relevant human rights issue.
- Equal participation in political and public affairs
- Human Rights, Democracy and the Rule of Law
- Human Rights of persons with disabilities
- Gender Justice and Human Rights
- Vulnerability faced by the aged and disabled people
- Human Rights of Tribals and Indigenous People
- Human Rights and Racial Discrimination
- Human Rights and the Environment
- Child Trafficking and Sexual Abuse: Challenge to Human Rights in Modern India
- Preservation of cultural identities and sub-national groups
- The conflict between IPR and Human Rights
- Law enforcement agencies - Police and Investigating Agencies: A gateway to Access to Justice
- Access to Justice for Victims & Witnesses
- Rights of Prison Inmates
- Role of Judicial Institutions: Courts, Tribunals in Access to Justice
- Role of NGO's in advocacy of Human Rights
- State obligation towards Refugees: Balance between Human Rights and National Interest
- Role of International Organizations in Refugee Crisis
- Feminist Jurisprudence and Refugees: A Case of Double Discrimination
- Asylum and Rights of Refugees fleeing persecution
- Environmental Refugees: Issues and Challenges
- Stateless Person and Citizenship
- The exigency of a Domestic Law on Refugees
- Need for a Coherent Asylum and Refugee Policy
- International standards on security issues in Conflict Zones: Humanitarian Perspective
- Role of Peacekeeping Operations in controlling violence in war-hit countries
- Tackling Non-International Armed Conflict under International Law
- Law of Armed Conflict and its influence on the rules on State Responsibility
- The Privatisation of War
- Right to Self-Determination of a State and Modern International Law
- The title of the research paper should be appropriate.
- The research paper shall be original and unpublished work.
- The paper should not be plagiarized, and free from grammatical, spelling and other errors.
- The Entry must be typewritten in the font Times New Roman, font size 12 pt, line spacing 1.5 and justified alignment.
- The Citations must be typewritten in the font Times New Roman, font size 10 pt, line spacing 1.0 and justified alignment.
- Co-authorship is allowed subject to a maximum of three. Full names and contact details of all the Authors must be given.
Academicians, Practitioners, researchers, students, and others interested in the field may send original, unpublished papers to email@example.com
The issue shall attempt to cover the recent developments related to issues concerning Human Rights and will try to capture the informed opinions on diverse issues of Human Rights Law.
If the work of the Author has been shortlisted for publication, they will be required to make the following payment as mentioned below:
- Single Authored Article: INR 1400/-
- Co-authored Article: INR 2100/-
The Authors will receive 1 printed copy of the journal along with 'Certificate of Appreciation' duly signed by the Editor-in-Chief. In case of the Co-authored article, both the Authors will receive printed copies of the journal.
Last date for paper submission:
5th May, 2018
A confirmation email will be sent to the Authors whose work has been shortlisted for publication:
15th May, 2018
The printed copy of the journal along with the certificate will be dispatched to the Authors by:
20th June, 2018
South Asian Journal of Law and Human Rights